cells.deleteColumn not working correctly

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to the Aspose.Cells.dll (version 4.8.0.0). I was previously running the Aspose.Cells.dll (version 4.5.1.4) with no problems.

In one of my applications I delete a column of data from one of the sheets that is not needed in my output (though I need the column initially to determine the formate of the output). Before the upgrade to 4.8.0.0 there was no problem, the cells.deleteColumn(0) worked fine but now after the upgrade it is deleting and removing the column you specify like normal but it is also clearing the values out of the next column to the right leaving me with an empty column where there should be data. I tested this by deleting several different columns and it does the same thing regardless if you try to delete index 0 or any other index. It will delete that index and clear the values out of the next index. I rolled back to the older version of the dll to make sure and after rolling back it works fine.

Thanks,

-Greg

Hi Greg,

Please try the attached latest fix v4.8.0.11. If you still find the issue, kindly share your input, output and sample code here, to reproduce the issue you have mentioned. We will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, that actually fixed the issue. I do have a couple of questions though:

The current release version for cells is 4.8.0.0, when the next version of cells is released will these changes be included in that updated version?

When is the next version expected to be released?

Thanks again for your help!

-Greg

Hi,

For your queries.

1) The current release version for cells is 4.8.0.0, when the next version
of cells is released will these changes be included in that updated
version?

Well, you can use this fix (Aspose.Cells for .NET v4.8.0.11) as an
official release. It is an intermediate kind of version which is
provided as a fix against some bugs. Normally, a bug fix version is
posted in the support forums. You can use this fix for your
requirements as long as you wish; it will behave like an official
release. Moreover, it is to be noted here, our next official release
would include all the functionality of the previous fixes (including
all the intermediate versions till the next official release).
Moreover, when when the official version is released, it is
automatically included in the Aspose.Total installation package.

2) When is the next version expected to be released?

We will check if we can provide you an eta for our next official release, keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

To further update you; hopefully we will release a new version of Aspose.Cells for .NET in the next month.

Thank You & Best Regards,