Cells in the Excel table are not center aligned vertically in the generated EMF image

Hello,
We encountered a problem working with Excel workbook using the Aspose Cells for Java library v21.03 (reproducible with latest version 23.05 also). Specifically, when we load the workbook and attempt to extract an image from the named range of cells and save it in EMF format, the table cells in the created image are not vertically aligned.
This issue is reproducible on both Linux 7.4 and Windows 10 platform with java full version “1.8.0_351-b10”.
I am attaching zip archive containing the following:

1. sampleWorksheet_oracleSansFont.xlsx - source excel file;
  2. EMFImageFromNamedRangeExcel.java - small sample program demonstrating the issue;
  3. OracleSans_Rg.ttf - oracle Sans Regular font;
  4. OracleSans_Bd.ttf - Oracle Sans Regular bold font;
  5. sampleWorksheet_oracleSansFont.xlsx.emf - generated image demonstrating the issue.

Can you please look into this?
Please let me know if you need additional information.
Thank you,
Yan
EMF_image_from_named_range.7z (115.0 KB)

@oraspose
We can reproduce the issue as you mentioned: cell text is moved up in the generated Emf image.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45420

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@oraspose

We are pleased into inform you that your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-45420”) has been resolved. The fix will be included in an upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.6) that we plan to release in the first half of June 2023. You will be notified when the next version is released.

Also, please check the output with the fix: output_prefix.zip (3.3 KB)

Hi Peyton.
Thank you for the quick workaround!
Please keep me posted when the new version is released.

Regards,
Yan.

@oraspose,
The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells Java 23.6) that we plan to release in the first half of June 2023. You will be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45420) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.6.

Hello.
The latest version 23.8 is definitely a big improvement.
However, the generated EMF image needs to be center-aligned.
Attached is side-by-side comparison between current EMF image and expected result.
Please let me know if you need more details.
Thank you,
Yan.
EMFImage_ver23_8_versus_expected.png (158.3 KB)

@oraspose,

Thanks for the screenshot.

You are right as I tested, the cells text is still not center aligned vertically in the generated EMF image. We need to evaluate your issue thoroughly. We will log a new ticket for it.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSJAVA-45600

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@oraspose,

This is to inform you that your issue (logged as “CELLSJAVA-45600”) has been resolved. The fix will be included in our upcoming release (Aspose.Cells v23.9) that we plan to release this week. You will be notified when new versions are released.

Thanks, Amjad, for the quick turnaround, appreciate it!

@oraspose,

You are welcome. We will keep you posted with updates once available.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-45600) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 23.9.