Cells (.NET) - Inconsistent result across different formats when html is set to cell

Hello, I have a purchased license.
If I set html to any cell, for example:

var workbook = new Workbook();
 workbook.Worksheets.Clear();

var worksheetIndex = workbook.Worksheets.Add();
 var worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[worksheetIndex];

var firstCell = worksheet.Cells[0, 0];
 firstCell.HtmlString = "<p>unformatted text</p><p><strong>bold text</strong></p>";

worksheet.Cells.SetColumnWidth(0, 30);
 worksheet.Cells.SetRowHeight(0, 30);

I get inconsistent text formatting, see attached images. Is there any way to fix this?

librecalc_xlsx.png (4.6 KB)
librecalc_ods.png (5.7 KB)
excel_xlsx.png (11.7 KB)
excel_ods (9.8 KB)

@buryginl,

Thanks for the screenshots, sample code and details.

Apparently, it is due to different behavior of different applications for different file formats. That’s why you will see different display of text in different applications. Anyways, we will further evaluate to check it is an issue. If so, we may log appropriate tickets for it.

Thanks for answer. I understand that. Main question is: why in xlsx format bold text is formatted as bold, but in ods format it looks like plain text? This is the case for both Excel and LibreCalc editors.

@buryginl,

I generated the XLSX and ODS files using your sample code segment. I did not find issue regarding “bold” text when opening both files into MS Excel or in open office. The only difference is regarding line break for ODS file when opening into different applications (MS Excel, open office, libre office, etc.). Please find attached the output files for your reference. Please note, I am using latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.9 (please try it if you are not already using it).
files1.zip (10.6 KB)

Thank you. Seems like this is a bug with LibreOffice, as I have just opened your files in LibreOffice Calc and bold text is unformatted.
image.png (8.6 KB)

@buryginl,

Thanks for the screenshot and details.

Yes, it might be an issue with LibreOffice as MS Excel does not exhibit this issue. Generally, Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards and specifications.

@buryginl
We have logged it with issue id CELLSNET-52118 to investigate this issue.
If there is any progress, we will notify you in time.

@buryginl
We changed the exporting when the string value cotains “newline”.
Please check attached dest.zip (4.5 KB)
file.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-52118) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi