Cells.RemoveDuplicates throws with System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array

After upgrading from Aspose.Cells version 20.2.0 to 21.2.0, we started to get this exception when calling : firstWorkSheet.Cells.RemoveDuplicates();

image.png (6.9 KB)
image.png (105.0 KB)

We don’t understand why we have this error and how to fix it. Could you please investigate if it’s a bug on your side?

Kind regards,

Mohamed

@MedBoz,

Could you please share your template Excel file and sample code (runnable)/standalone VS.NET console application to reproduce the issue on our end. We will check it soon. We also recommend to give it a try to our latest version Aspose.Cells for .NET 22.1 if it makes any difference.

PS. please zip the Excel file and exclude Aspose.Cells.Dll from the zipped application archive prior attaching here.

Hello Amjad,

Here is an example where I can reproduce this issue.
BTW I tried with version 21.2.0 and 22.1.0 and both throws.
SampleApplication.zip (3.0 KB)

Regards,

Mohamed

@MedBoz,

Thanks for the sample file and code.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using template file. I found Cells.RemoveDuplicates throws “System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array”. I am using latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET and still the issue is produced. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-50286” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Thank you Amjad. I’m waiting for the fix :slight_smile:

@MedBoz,

Sure, we will keep you posted on any updates (once available) in this regard.

@MedBoz,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. Your fix will be included in our upcoming official release: Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.2. The next release is due in the second week of February, 2022.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-50286) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

1 Like

Thank you for this update :slight_smile:

@MedBoz,

You are welcome.