Cells: Special Characters in External Links

Hello,

in one of our applications we have to analyse and, if necessary, change external links in cells formulas of Excel workbooks, i. e. references to cell values in other workbooks. We are using ASPOSE.Cells (V.5.2.2.0) to capture this feature (VB.Net, VS2010).

The referenced filenames can contain umlauts (ÄÖÜ), which are not proper recogniced by the Workbook.Worksheets. ExternalLinkCollection. Instead, the umlauts become substituted by question marks ("?") and the references afterwards are not recognised any more.

This problem appears with Excel files in the format 97-2003, in Excel 2007 the external links are correctly processed.

Please find attached an example solution and a screenshot which poses the problem clearly. (The sample doesn’t contain the Aspose.Cells.dll :wink:

THIS IS REALLY URGENT, 'CAUSE WE HAVE TO GO LIVE NEXT WEEK!!!

Thanks for support and regards
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reporting.

I will soon update you after looking into this problem.

Hi Thomas,

I have tested your test case with latest version and found out it as a bug, so I have logged it with id CELLSNET-23798

Hi Thomas,

We have fixed this issue. Please download the Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

Hi Shakeel,
thank you for this fast fixing. It workes good and we could go life this week…
There is still a little bug (we can live with for a while), umlauts are still not recognized in referenced cell values, if the referenced file does not exist, allthough the formula shows them right (see attached image).

Kind Regards
Thomas

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. We will update you once it is fixed again.

Hi,

We have fixed your issue. Please download the Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version).

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-23798) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.