Cells to PDF does not render charts with JDK1.7.0_21

Hello,

I’m converting MS Excel documents to PDF using Cells 7.5.0 on a Windows machine using JDK 7. I have the following issues:
  • The generated PDF does not contain any chart
  • The number of pages in the PDF is not as expected. The Excel file has 1 sheet mapping onto 4 pages (in the print preview) while the generated PDF has 6 pages.
The code to create the PDF I’m using is trivial:

InputStream is = new FileInputStream(“C:/EWB/examples code/Aspose/data/charts on same sheet.xls”);

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(is);

workbook.save(“C:/EWB/examples code/Aspose/data/charts on same sheet.pdf”, FileFormatType.PDF);

Could you please have a look and let me know why it is not working?

Thanks,

Davide

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have tested your issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.5.0.2
it works fine. The charts are rendered properly without any issue.

We have attached the output pdf file for your reference.

Hello,

I’ve ran it again in a fresh environment, a virtual box with only Eclipse, Java, and Aspose Cells installed. Now the PDF contains the charts but they don’t fit the pages (see attachement).

Could you please let me know how to obtain a PDF that looks like the one you attached in your previous reply?

Regards
Hi,

Could you specify to set font dirs first before rendering to PDF if it works for you accordingly.

CellsHelper.setFontDir("C:\\Windows\\Fonts\\");

Thank you.

Hello,

I managed to get Cells to generate the correct PDF. The issue is that Cells 7.5.0.2 does not properly support jdk1.7.0_21. It does work fine with jdk1.6.0_37. Could you please confirm this incompatibility with jdk1.7.0_21?

Please find attached the PDF generated with using jdk1.6.0_37, jdk1.7.0_09, and jdk1.7.0_21

As you can see:
  • using jdk1.6.0_37 the generated PDF is correct
  • using jdk1.7.0_09 the charts are rendered but they exceed the page width
  • using jdk1.7.0_21 charts aren’t rendered at all
Thank you.

Hi,

It looks like the latest versions of Aspose.Cells for Java do not work very well with JDK1.7, see the relevant thread:
<a href="

A ticket is already logged with an id “CELLSJAVA-40553” for the issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Could you please try our latest version/fix v7.5.1:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry481636.aspx

Your issue regarding missing charts in the PDF rendering for JDK1.7 versions should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback here.

And, we will also try to evaluate other issue(s) i.e. Cells’ width increase and paging is not proper.
Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thanks,

Hello Amjad,

Charts are now rendered. However they don’t fit in a page. This issue has been logged already as CELLSJAVA-40570.

Regards,

Davide

Hi,

Good to know that one part of your problem is figured out in the latest version of the product i.e. Aspose.Cells for Java v7.5.1.

For your other logged issue, please follow up your other thread:
<a href="

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have fixed the exception and the issues that pages are different when save to pdf with different jdk.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.5.1.2 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40553) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)