Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Cells to PDF - footer not wrapping when the footer text contains & (&)

Hi all,

I have longer footer text that contains & character. In the original excel file the footer is rendered in 3 rows and it is rendered properly. When converting the excel file to PDF the right part of the footer is cut off and instead of 3 rows the footer is rendered in 2 rows.

If I replace & with and the converted PDF file is displayed properly.

Thanks,
Daniel.

@bushprakash1,

Thanks for providing us details.

Please provide us your template Excel file and output PDF file (via Aspose.Cells APIs), we will check it soon. Also provide some screenshot(s) to highlight the problematic area, this will help us really to evaluate your issue precisely to consequently figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Here are examples:
examples.zip (36.0 KB)

The excel file is the source.
I have provided you how is converted to PDF when the text contains & and without &.

Thanks for quick response!

@bushprakash1,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.7.1:

I have tested your scenario/case with v17.7.1 by converting your template file to PDF. Although I got two lines in the footer but no text is cut. I think it should be fine whether there are two lines or three lines in the footer if no text/content is cut from the footer. I have attached the output PDF file here for your reference:
out1.pdf (44.5 KB)

Moreover, the font used your rendered file is “SimSun” but in my output PDF file (and also by MS Excel generated PDF file), the font is Arial. May be you have not installed/set Arial font in your environment.

Thank you.

@bushprakash1,

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

We were able to reproduce this issue when SimSun font is installed on the machine. We will look into this issue further and fix it.

This issue has been logged as

  • CELLSNET-45522 - Cells to PDF - footer not wrapping when the footer text contains &

@bushprakash1,

Pleaser try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.7.3:


Your issue “CELLSNET-45522” should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45522) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.8.