We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Cells to PDF Performance as number of worksheets increases

I used an example to create 2000 worksheets and populate with some data. This worked extremely quickly however when I attempt to save individual worksheets to .pdf files, it became extremely slow. I tried the same with 7.0.2.2 and noted no improvement.

I am attaching a .txt file with the code I used, it will create 2000 worksheets and export them along the way to .pdf file, and then hide the worksheet, so each pdf file is 1 page and about 30kb, the performance degrades substantially after the first 100

I built in some logic to benchmark how long it takes to build each 100 worksheets and pdf files, as you can see the processing slows greatly as you get along, in the 1000th sheet range only 2 per minute.

PDF's 0 Through 100 Processing Took: 19 Seconds

PDF's 100 Through 200 Processing Took: 87 Seconds

PDF's 200 Through 300 Processing Took: 258 Seconds

PDF's 300 Through 400 Processing Took: 565 Seconds

I did not observe the same performance degradation using the sheetrender to jpg or other image format methods, the performance remained high.

Thanks

Update: While still slow, the benchmarking logic I put in place failed to reset the timer for each 100 runs. Code should be:

Debug.Print("PDF's " & i - 100 & " Through " & i & " Processing Took: " & DateDiff(DateInterval.Second, dtStart, Now()) & " Seconds")

dtStart = Now()

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and sample code.

We will investigate your code and fix the issues. We have logged this issue in our database, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40053.

Hi,


Please try the latest version/fix v7.0.2.4. We have fixed the issue.

Let us know if it works fine now

I have tested the generation of the pdf's using the same source code I posted, the 1st 100 take 11 seconds, and every 100 thereafter only takes the same 11 seconds.

Nice work, and speedy turnaround.

Thanks

Hi,


That is good news and good to know that your issue is resolved.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40053) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.