Cells.Workbook Response.Write and Progress Spinner

On an ASPX page, I want to show a “progress spinner” while the Aspose.Cells.Workbook is being created and hide the “progress spinner” once the Workbook is written to the Response object.

However, sending the Worksheet to the browser kills my ability to update the page. I have tried two methods:
1) Response.ContentType = “application/vnd.ms-excel”; Response.AddHeader(“content-disposition”, "attachment…Response.OutputStream.Write(worksheet.GetBuffer(), 0, (int)worksheet.Length);

2) workbook.Save(HttpContext.Current.Response, “x.xls”, ContentDisposition.Attachment, new XlsSaveOptions( new SaveFormat()));

Both methods kill my ability to make any changes (hide) to the Response.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Well, I am afraid, this issue is not related to Aspose.Cells.

You can verify it by excluding Aspose.Cells altogether and then trying to send any other file into response stream without affecting your progress spinner.

If you can do so, then you can also send your output xls/xlsx file generated with Aspose.Cells.

For others struggling with this issue, look at this great post:

http://geekswithblogs.net/GruffCode/archive/2010/10/28/detecting-the-file-download-dialog-in-the-browser.aspx

mwielard:

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the useful link to help other users and using Aspose.

If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post on our forums. We will look int your issue and help you asap.

Besides, I will recommend you to download and try the latest offline demos of Aspose.Cells. It will help you to get familiar with Aspose.Cells API quickly.

These demos can work with Visual Studio 2005, 2008 or 2010. Please read the readme.txt file before running the demos.