CellsException in CalculateFormula() using the Excel Function TREND()

Hi,

I tried to find out what happens if I calculate an unsupported excel function.

The function “=TREND(A2:A10)” is successfully calculated in Excel, but the CalculateFormula() method throws a CellsException:

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.\r\nParameter name: index\nError in calculating cell A1 in Worksheet Sheet1"

Wouldn’t it be better if the CalculateFormula() method would skip such cells?

Btw. Is the List of Supported Functions still up to date? It wasn’t easy to find a fully unsupported function. For example all Date and Time Functions were calculated correctly.

I’m currently using version 7.1.1.0

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

See the document:
http://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Supported+Formulas+++Functions
The page denotes those functions which are not supported. The functions that are not listed in the page should be considered as supported by the formula calculation engine of Aspose.Cells for .NET.

TREND() should work fine with CalculateFormula() method. Could you try our latest fix v7.1.1.5: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.1.5
If you still find any issue, kindly give a sample template file to reproduce the issue on our end, we will check your issue soon.

Also to skip the unsupported function, please use:
Workbook.CalculateFormula(true) for your needs.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

We were able to found this issue. We have logged this issue in our database. Once, it will be fixed or we have some update for you, we will let you know.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40435

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET

v7.1.1.6

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40435) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.