Center Axis titles on chart in Excel 97-2003 format using Aspose.Cells for Java

First I am using version 7.4.0.3 of Aspose Cells for Java

We are allowing our users to either export in Excel 97-2003 format or in Excel 2007 format.

Everything looks OK except for the X-axis and Y axis titles.

For Excel 2007 format, the titles are centered on the axis as they should be.

For Excel 97-2003 format,

When I export 3D charts the Y-axis Title is OK but the X-axis is in the lower left side corner. See attached workbook.
When I export 2D charts the X-axis title is on the far right and the Y-axis titles is at the bottom of the window. See attached workbook.

I have included example code using the ChartDemoServlet.java example supplied.

In the Line3D workbooks there are many differences between the 2007 and 2003 workbooks. The only issue I am having is the axis title alignment in my code since I have explicit settings that makes everything else look nearly the same (except the axis titles).

Hi,

Thanks for your sample code and providing us your feedback.

We have logged your comments and feedback in our database. We will investigate your issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40441

This is now a very low/non priority. We decided to not allow our customers to create Excel files in the Excel 97-2003 format so this does not need to work for that case.

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have logged your comments against this issue id. Once, we will have some update for you, we will share it with you asap.

Also, do you want this thread to be closed?

Hi,

Please try our attached latest fix/version v7.4.1.2 (JAVA), your issue should be fixed in it.

Thank you.

Thanks Amjad,

Sorry, we recently decided to drop support of Excel 97-2003 format so I won’t be verifying the fixed version.
I appreciate that you continued and found a fix.
Thank you, Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update.

No, problem :), you don’t need to verify the new fix as it is not necessary because you have dropped XLS support.

Anyways, we are still thankful that you posted the issue in the forums which indirectly helped us to trace the issue and rectify it to eventually make the product more robust for XLS chart objects.

Thank you and have a nice day!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan