Centered textbox in Footer is leftaligned in SaveToPDF

Hi,
I have a Word document where the page number is in a Frame. The frame is horizontally centered on the page.
When I convert the document to PDF using Aspose.Words 6.3.0 the frame is left-aligned. In the attached zip file you’ll find template.doc, the word document and convertWithWords.pdf. On page 9 and further, the page number in the footer is left-aligned.
The workaround is to remove the frame. But I’d really appreciate it if you could fix this so I won’t have to ask the customer to change the templates.
Regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi

Thanks for your request. The problem occurs because there is a text frame in your document. Currently, Aspose.Words does not fully support positioning of frames during rendering and converting to PDF. This is the issue #8182 in our defect database.
As a workaround, you can try using simple centered text instead of using frames as it is done on the first seven pages.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
Thanks for your reply. Do you know when this will be supported ?
Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot promise that positioning of text frames will be supported in the nearest future, because text frames are obsolete and they are not used very often. So I think it is better to avoid using text frames in your document.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,
Thanks for your reply. I understand and agree that frames are old and obsolete. However, this used to work in Aspose.Words combined with Aspose.PDF. I cannot explain to my customer that I deliver a new version of my software with an improved PDF conversion, and that it breaks their existing templates.
Could you please try to fix this in an upcoming version ?
Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. As I told you earlier, unfortunately, I cannot promise that this issue will be resolved in the next version of Aspose.Words. You will be notified as soon as the issue is resolved.
For now, you can use the legacy method to convert your document to PDF (using Aspose.Words+Aspose.Pdf). Current version of Aspose.Words supports both methods of conversion to PDF.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
Do you have an update on this issue. When will it be fixed?
Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. The issue will be fixed in the next hotfix. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks).
Best regards,

Hi Andrey,
Best wishes for 2010. Do you have any news on when the new hotfix will be available?
Regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue will be resolved in a month or two. I will notify you as soon as the hotfix is available. My apologizes for inconvenience.
Best regards.

Hi Andrey,
Two months ago you said it would be in the next hotfix. Why is it postponed?
This is very inconvenient for me, as I promised to customers that it would be fixed in the timeframe you told me.
Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

It is not so easy to fix as it sounds. That is why the estimate was pushed. The current estimate for this issue is end of January beginning of February.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 8182) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(46)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2219) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(37)