Certain HTML tags drop contents

Conclusion in the attached HTML document is dropped from the xls file on conversion.

Rather than make the word bold, the entire word is dropped.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version):

I have tested your scenario/ case using the following sample code with latest version using your attached file and it works Ok.

e.g

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\Report.xls”, new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Html));

workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1Report1.xls”);

I have also attached the output XLS file for your reference. Could you check and let us know where you find the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

So far on my end I am getting the same results, this is even after deleting the old .DLL to ensure it is not being referenced in my application.

I am going to continue to try with the supplied XLS (html) file but at this time after several attempts contents are still dropped.

The supplied fix does not function as needed.
Open the original document (report.xls) and look at cell [AS 2]
the word ‘Conclusion’ is wrapped in tags (open with a text editor this is an HTML file)
However, before those tags are
tags
Everything from the
tags is still dropped, this result is also in the provided example file with the new code.

If I replace the
tags with html hex codes ( )
I get the expected results. I do not want to have to code in replacement characters into the HTML reports we receive as modifying them would not be the proper solution.

Hi,

Could you provide some screenshots to highlight what contents are dropped/missing, you may compare original HTML Vs output XLS (e.g. you may compare the worksheets in both files in MS Excel manually), it will help us really to evaluate your issue and we can log it into our database to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

The provided screen shots
HTML File Text .png - This file shows the highlighted text, not the text BEFORE the
tags is in the outputed file, everything after is dropped. Also prior the tags makes the entire cell bold not just the one word.

HTML_Excel_File.png - This shows what the text in cell [AS] should look like
Aspose_Exported_Excel_File.png - this shows the output. note that the dropped texted, the word Conclusion and everything after is missing due to the
tags
and everything is BOLD not just a single word like in the other example file.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details and screenshots.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned via your attached screenshots by using your template file with the following sample code. I found that certain HTML tags (e.g ) are not taken into account and some contents are missing too in HTML to Excel conversion. I noticed in the output XLS file, the cell (AS2) has the word ‘Conclusion’ which is wrapped in tags which is not taken into account, rather everything from the
tags is still dropped at the end.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\Report.xls”, new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Html));
workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1Report1.xls”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-45053” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, we need much time to fix this issue and we are unable to fix it anytime soon. It is a complex issue for us and we do not have any ETA for it. Once, there is some other news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version)

and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45053) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.