Change cell protection client side

Using GridWeb, I need to be able to enable data entry in a cell when a checkbox is clicked in another column within the same row. I am currently setting cells’ ReadOnly property on the server side based on certain business rules, however doing that allows data entry in the cells even if the checkbox is not checked on, but the requirement is to make cells editable only after users click on the row’s checkbox. How can I do that?

Hi,

We are not sure about your requirement, could you elaborate and give us more details about your requirement, may be a sample project/code that you are using, screen shots and your desired results etc. would be enough.

Thank you.

It is pretty simple, I have a grid row with a checkbox cell and a couple of text cells.Text should be read-only/protected until checkbox is checked on, after that, the user should be able to enter text into these cells.Obviously, I do not want to postback for the checkbox click, so I need a way to change cell read-only or protection attribute on the client side.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We have added your issue to our internal issue tracking system with issue id: CELLSNET-17624. We will analyze your requirement and get back to you soon.

Thank You & Best Regards,