Change in behavior with MailMessage and msg files

In version 21.12.0, I load an msg file with the default MsgLoadOptions, and From.Address contains a value.

In version 22.3.0, if I load an msg file with the default MsgLoadOptions, then the From.Address is empty. The property OriginalAddressString contains “/O=…/OU=…/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=…”

If I set MsgLoadOptions.KeepOriginalEmailAddresses to true, then From.Address contains the value when using 21.12.0,

In version 21.12.0, I load an msg file with the default MsgLoadOptions and an msg file that lacks a From address, the result has the correct value for the To address.

In version 22.3.0, with that same load options with MsgLoadOptions.KeepOriginalEmailAddresses set to true and an msg file that lacks a From address, then the To address collection is empty.

@dbartle

Could you please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input MSG file.
  • Please share the desired output.
  • Please create a standalone console application (source code without compilation errors) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Project attached. It’s a unit test project, not a console app, since there are 4 separate cases to test.AsposeTest.zip (69.4 KB)

@dbartle

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as EMAILNET-40585. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@dbartle

In this case, in version 22.3.0 we see correct behaviour. The From.Address intended for SMTP address, so when address is Exchange format From.Address is empty, but to avoid full loses address string we keep it in OriginalAddressString.

In this case, issue with empty To address collection was fixed. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 22.9.