Change layer of shape

Is it possible to change the layer of a shape?

The layermem property is read-only. I cannot delete and recreate, the shape ID must stay the same.

Thanks - J

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting support. Yes, you can change the layer of a shape by setting LayerMem.LayerMember.Value property. You require to set a layer index i.e. 0, 1 or 2. In that case, you do not need to delete and recreate a shape with similar id.

I hope it helps. Please do let me know in case any further assistance or questions.

Thankyou that works.

Is it possible to create a *new* layer, and then move the shape to that new layer?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that currently you cannot add a new layer to the Visio diagram. I have logged this feature request under ticket id DIAGRAM-33440 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Anyway, you can update a shape layer by setting LayerMem.LayerMember.Value property. We’re sorry for your inconvenience.

Please do let me know in case of any confusion or questions.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.