Change the dot from Num pad to decimal separator (',')

Hello,

Is there a way in Grid web input to change the dot from num pad to french decimal separator ‘,’ ?

Thanks for any help.

JW

@jweverest-1,

Thanks for your query.

Could you try to specify the relevant locale/regional (in which “.” is used as decimal separator) settings of your machine OS if it works.

I use French regionale setting “Fr-fr”, some of my users used to input the decimal separator from the Numeric pad. in MS Excel there is an automatic change from the dot provide by the numeric key pad to the regional decimal separator. I would like to know if this is possible with grid Web ?

@jweverest-1

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please share some screenshots. Do you change the language or region from Control Panel of Windows.

record_000001.zip (80.5 KB)
I am in french environment, Decimal separator on windows local settings is set to comma.
When i use the decimal separator key on Numeric Pad, I got a dot and the input is consider like a string not as a numeric value.
In Excel application, when i use the dot on Numeric key pad i got a comma and all my input is consider as Numeric. It is very usefull for users who have a large number of numeric input.
Can we have this option with gridWeb ?

@jweverest-1

Thanks for your video and providing further information.

We have logged your requirement in our database to support this feature. We will look into it and implement it. Once, there is some news for you, we will update you asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45960 - Change the dot from NumPad to decimal separator (’,’)

@jweverest-1

Please download and try the following fix for your issue CELLSNET-45960. The fix includes only the client side acwmain.js file.

Besides that we have added a new property i.e.

GridWorksheetCollection.NumberDecimalSeparator

Gets or sets the decimal separator for formatting/parsing numeric values. Default is the decimal separator of current Region.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45960) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45960) have been fixed in this update. Please also check the following article:* <a href="Install Aspose Cells through NuGet|Documentation