Change the owner when printing

Hello everybody,

I’am new in the community.

Can you tell me if I can change the print owner when I print a document throught Aspose Words ?

Normaly the “print owner” is the requester of the printjob but I just want know if, with aspose, I can do it ? Because I print like a service and I lost the “really” owner.

I take too any ideas for resolve this issue.

Have a nice sunny day.

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your inquiry. We will consider providing a way to get/set owner during printing. Your thread has been linked to the appropriate issue (WORDSNET-12202) and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Nicolas,

What we understand is that you want to change the name that is showed in Window print service popup dialog; however we couldn’t find how it can be done with .NET itself. Please tell if you know how to change “print owner” while standard printing using .NET framework? If it is not possible using .NET, I am afraid, we won’t be able to help you with this problem as the Print methods of Aspose.Words print via the .NET printing classes such as defined in the System.Drawing.Printing namespace.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunaly It’s not possible from .net framwork. A solution will be to rewrite the PCL header before the print job go to the printer queue.

Have a nice day.

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the additional information. Did you manage to fix the issue on your side or are you still in need of assistance from our side?

Best regards,

Hi Nicolas,

Regarding WORDSNET-12202, our product team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue (WORDSNET-12202) has now been closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution.

Best regards,