Changing Connector Position

Ok so I can add a connector between two shapes. How can I adjust the parameters of the connector to position it differently (without changing the connected ends) ? For example: the midpoint, or the corner of the connector. Do I have access to these properties?

I need to be able to position the lines exactly how I want them so that they don’t cross over other shapes on the page, because when you export to JPEG, the lines do not dynamically move. The “dynamic” part of it seems to happen only when its opened in Visio.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting support. We’re sorry to share with you that there is no way to change the position of mid or corner points of the connector. However, you can apply reroute settings as narrated there: Select Reroute Option of the Connector Shape

In case this does not help, then please take a sample Visio diagram, and change connector shape manually, then attach both these files in this forum thread. We’ll investigate and reply you appropriately.

Hi Imran - thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Ok so I can get it to re-route in Visio. However if I save the diagram as a PDF or JPEG… then it does not re-route. The lines go straight through other objects.

Is there any way I can get the connectors to re-route so that they apply to diagrams saved in other formats?

Note that this functionality is essential for us - without it I don’t think we’ll be able to purchase the product.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing us about this issue. You’re right, because when I converted my sample VSD diagram to PDF and JPG formats, the reroute settings could not take the impact. However, it works when saving in VDX format. We need to fix this defect. Please clarify, which input Visio format you’re exporting to PDF and JPG formats. If you convert Visio to any other format, then please mention it too. We’ll keep your relative defects in our high priority queue.

We’re looking forward to help you.

Note: It’ll be so nice of you if you can also share your sample Visio diagrams. It’ll be for testing purposes only.

Hi - thanks for replying. I am creating a VDX diagram in code and then saving to PDF or JPEG. I will attach some samples on Monday when I am back at work. Do you have any idea how long it will take to fix?

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the inquiry. Sure, we’re waiting for your samples. It is difficult for us to share an estimate before the preliminary investigation. However, we’ll communicate with our development team and let you know about our outcomes. Please spare us a little time and share problematic Visio samples.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for being patient. We have already logged these issues as follows:
DIAGRAMNET-50356 - Reroute settings don’t work when saving in PDF format
DIAGRAMNET-50357 - Reroute settings don’t work when saving in JPG format

Your post has also been linked to these issues. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.