Changing Encoding in the existing PDF file

Hi, I am trying to change an Encoding for the existing PDF document. My current one is produced by a third-party system and can’t be changed. It’s : Identity-H. I need to change to either ANSI or Standard.

I tried to convert the file to PDF_A_1B format by opening a Document, validating it and then saving as a new Document. However the new document Encoding remained the same : Identity-H.

Is there any way to change an Encoding for the existing Document?

Hi There,

Thanks for contacting support.

We are looking into the scenario and will get back to you shortly. Please be patient.

Best Regards,

Hi Vitaly,

Thanks for your patience. As far as encoding “Identity-H” concerned, it is related to fonts and with Aspose.Pdf for Java, you can change/replace the font in an existing PDF document. You may check “Replace fonts in Existing Document” article in API documentation. You can change font in a PDF document and then save it.

Furthermore, in a case if you still face any issue regarding encoding, we will really appreciate if you please share a sample input document. This way we can test the scenario in our environment and share our feedback appropriately.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,