Changing Form Field Fonts

I need to programatically convert Content Controls in Word documents to Form Fields in PDF documents.

Aspose.Pdf gives me all the functions I need to do this quite simply except that it appears to limit the fonts in Form Fields to the 14 core PDF fonts. But our requirements include other fonts, such as Courier New and Arial.

Using Acrobat X Pro I can add Form Fields to a PDF document saved from Word and set the fonts to Courier New or Arial. I can then use Aspose.Net to fill these form fields using the Aspose.Pdf.Facades.Form class FillField method. The resulting PDF displays the field values in the correct font and font size. (However, if I try to use the Aspose.Pdf.InteractiveFeatures.Forms.Form and TextBoxField classes, I get and "Invalid font" exception when I try to set the field value.)

Is there ANY way I can use Aspose.Pdf to set the fonts of Form Fields to something other than the 14 core PDF fonts????

Thanks,

Jack Justice

Hi Jack,

Thanks for using our products.<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;mso-fareast-font-family:
SimSun;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN”>

I am afraid currently FormFieldFacade class in Aspose.Pdf.Facades does not support the feature to set font information for form field other than given 14 values. However for the sake of implementation, I have logged this
requirement in our issue tracking system as <span style=“font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:SimSun;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN”>PDFNEWNET-30888
<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;mso-fareast-font-family:
SimSun;mso-fareast-language:ZH-CN”>. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time. We apologize for this inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-30888) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.4.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi Jack,

Please visit the following link for further details on how to Set Form Field Font other than 14 core PDF fontswhen using DOM approach to update PDF form fields.

However if you are using Aspose.Pdf.Facades to update the form fields, you may consider following the instructions specified over Decorate a Particular Form Field in an Existing PDF File (Facades)

In the event of any further query, please feel free to contact.