Changing tags of a tagged pdf

I need to change the tag tree of an existing PDF in C# (changing element types, hierarchy, etc) or build a new tree manually for an existing content, but it doesn’t look like its possible in Aspose without adding the actual content.

Aspose also supposedly has the ability for “converting tagged PDF to XML”, which is available online, so I hoped I could edit the tags in xml and resave them as PDF, but the online version returns an XML with no indication at all of tags!

Is this possible in any way? Building or editing only the tags of a PDF without building the content?
Thanks

@Indigo11

We need to investigate the feasibility of this requirement. Can you please share a sample PDF along with expected output? We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Attached is a short PDF example that I uploaded to Aspose’s PDF to XML converter at Convert PDF to XML | Online and Free.

very short.pdf (57.7 KB)

It seems to generate a thorough represenation of the content, but I do not see any indication of the tags. The PDF has a H1 element tag, but if you search for “H1” in the XML output there are no relevant results.

This converter is advertised by Aspose for “converting tagged PDF to XML”, but I do not see it deals with tags at all. If this would actually work I could use it to convert to XML, edit, and then back to PDF.

Thanks

@Indigo11

An investigation ticket as below has been logged in our issue tracking system for further investigation of this requirement. We will look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-54327