CHAR(151) is not working properly in pdf and image

Hi

I have created a workbook with using a text formula CHAR(151).
I have used the following code
Workbook book = new Workbook(excelpath);
book.CalculateFormula();
book.Save(outputpdfPath, SaveFormat.Pdf)
Here in my excel file the cell D9 has the formula CHAR(151) and it is displaying well in excel but when I save the same excel file in PDF format it is displaying some different value some square box.
Also I have noticed one more thing if we generate image of that same excel the same CHAR(151) was showing as line till recently but in the new version 7.6.1.0 it is showing as a big dot,the code used to generate image is
ImageOrPrintOptions options = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
options.IsImageFitToPage = true;
options.OnePagePerSheet = true;
options.TiffCompression = TiffCompression.CompressionLZW;
options.ImageFormat = ImageFormat.Emf;
options.PrintingPage = PrintingPageType.Default;
SheetRender sr = new SheetRender(sheet, options);
sr.ToImage(0, outputImgPath);
Can you please look into this?
Thanks and Regards
Mukundan

Hi Mukundan,

Thank you for using Aspose products.

I have evaluated your presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.7.0. I am afraid, the issue didn’t replicate on my end with the latest build. Attached are the output PDF and EMF files that show the value of CHAR(151) correctly. Please give the latest version a try on your end, and let us know if you find any difficulty.

Hi Babar

Have you checked the issue with the sample code provided by me?
Because when I use workbook.CalculateFormula() api call these issues are still replicating but when I comment this method call workbook.CalculateFormula() then it is working fine.
Can you please check and let me know why this is failing in this case?
Thanks and Regards
Mukundan

Hi Mukundan,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I was able to observe this issue in the output pdf generated with the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.7.0.4
using the following code.

CHAR(151) is not rendering fine in the output pdf. I have attached the screenshot for a reference.

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42289.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\TestExcel.xml”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.CalculateFormula();

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out1.pdf”);

Screenshot:

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.7.1.1
and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42289) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.