Character encoding problem while Importing annotations

Hi,

We use Aspose.PDF to dynamically add annotations to documents. We keep seperate document and annotations as different blob files and we try to merge them using Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfAnnotationEditor or Aspose.Pdf.Document methods called ImportAnnotationFromXfdf and ExportAnnotationXfdf. Exported data is ok (we manullay checked it html seams ok). But when we import it Turkish characters like Ğ,İ,Ş,ğ, ş,ı are messed up.

I don’t know if there is an encoding setting for importing annotations. There is no problem if you manually add annotations having Turkish characters. If you can advise any workarounds or solutions it would be appreciated.

I tried to add HighlightAnnotation and save with Aspose.Pdf.Document apis but same thing happened here too

We have discovered that problem causes from pdf conversion. We use Office Interop API and we didn’t set an Encoding if we set encoding to UTF8 everything is ok.

Hi Ibrahim,

Thanks for contacting support.

Can you please share the input file and complete code snippet, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

We have discovered problem wasn’t caused by conversion encoding. We have managed to reproduce without setting any encoding. We narrow down the problem to Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfFileSecurity
if we update pdf document with it before adding annotations it causes the problem. If we set security settings after adding annotations everything is ok.

1.pdf is the source pdf.
code.txt has 2 code samples (working and not working versions)
aa.xml contains exported annotations
notworking.pdf and working.pdf output files.

Hi Ibrahim,

Thanks for using our API’s.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-42525 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.