Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Chart does not have correct x-axis when exporting to pdf

I have an excel spreadsheet here, which includes a chart. When the chart is exported, it seems to get a different x-axis than the one I see in Excel. What could be the issue? I have tried with the latest NuGet Untitled.png (334.6 KB)

@FranzThomsen,
Please share your sample Excel file for our testing. We will reproduce the scenario here and provide feedback accordingly.

Hi

Attached is the zip with both the xlsx and pdf.

var wb = new Workbook(new MemoryStream(File.ReadAllBytes(@“C:\Users\xyz\Desktop\Test.xlsx”)));
wb.Save(@“C:\Users\xyz\Desktop\Test.PDF”, SaveFormat.Pdf);

… actully, you can have two bug reports for the price of one here :-). Firstly, the x-axis is not the same in the pdf as the one in Excel. But another issue I might just let you know about is that if you look in sheet bands, cell M119, then it has an #N/A. In Excel if you right click a chart and select Select Data, in the bottom left you have an option “Hidden and Empty cells”. In there you can tell it how to interpret #N/A and I have check it meaning it should interpret it as an empty cell. It is really the only way to get a chart to consider a cell as being truely emtpy as “” is not empty so the only output you can have from an equation here is NA(). Conversion to PDF does not seem to respect that checkmark which means there is no way to get to these vertical bands

Kind Regards
Franz

Test.zip (271.9 KB)

@FranzThomsen,
We have observed this issue where x-axis is not correct in PDF. This issue is logged in our database for an investigation. We will write back here once any update is ready to share.

This issue is logged as:
CELLSNET-47551 - X-Axis not correct while converting Excel chart to PDF

Hi Ashan

The x-axis is by far the most serious issue for us. The other issue is something we can code our way through by changing the insertion of data.

In around a week we will start using the functionality for good here to produce pdfs. I am under a lot of pressure to get this to work. Do you know when you would have had a chance to look into it?

Kind Regards
Franz

@FranzThomsen,
The X-Axis issue is logged too recently so it is not possible to provide ETA. For simple issues it takes about less than a week to provide the hotfix however if issue is complex, it may take around couple of weeks or more. You will be notified here for any update in this regard.

For your second issue, I have opened the file in MS Excel but could not observe #NA in cell M119. Could you please create a separate thread along with more details about this issue and expected output for our reference. We will analyze the information and provide assistance accordingly.

M119.PNG (37.6 KB)

Ah, sorry, it was M219. I will raise a separate issue

@FranzThomsen,
Thanks for raising the separate issue. We will provide our feedback soon.

Hi

Have you assessed whether this is a complex or a simple issue … i.e. what the time line is? That issue along the other CELLSNET-47555 are vital to our use of Aspose Cells and given our release coming up I am being asked if I made the right choice here

Kind Regards
Franz

@FranzThomsen,
As these issues are logged within last 2 to 3 days and as it normally takes around 3 to 5 days to resolve simple issues and prepare hot fix, therefore you may please spare us little time to come up with some ETA. Note that for complex issue it may take couple of weeks or even more to resolve the issue. We will share more information as soon as some update is ready for sharing.

Yes, sorry. Thank you

@FranzThomsen,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.8.4:
Aspose.Cells20.8.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.8.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Hi

I am not sure if the issue is solved or the other one I raised with #N/A not being treated as empty values. I just set up a test again and reexported it and there definitely still seems to be something wrong with the x axis

1.zip (327.7 KB)

Franz

image.png (351.5 KB)

@FranzThomsen,
Thank you for the feedback. We have recorded this information with the logged tickets for our reference. We will write back here as soon as some feedback is ready to share.

@FranzThomsen,
Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.8.9 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.8.9 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.8.9 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47551) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.9. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi
You may also get the new version @ nuget repos. (https://www.nuget.org/packages/Aspose.Cells/20.9.0)

Thanks a lot. I will get to it one of the next days

@FranzThomsen,

You are welcome.