Chart formatting issue

Hello,

I’ve faced with chart formatting issue (Aspose.Cells 7.0.3).

I created simple chart (lines with markers) with nonintegral values as data source (like 1385.45).
The format defined zero decimal places for the data labels. Then I just opened this XLSX document using Aspose and saved it to memory stream and then to file:

var xlsWorkbook = new Workbook(dataStream);
xlsWorkbook.Worksheets.ActiveSheetIndex = requiredSheetIndex;
xlsWorkbook.Settings.CalcMode = CalcModeType.Manual;

xlsWorkbook.Save(memoryStream, saveFormat);

The resulted document is not completely similar to the initial one. There are fractional parts of the numbers in the chart data labels. Could you please look into the problem. Used Excel files are attached.

Thanks in advance,
Andrey

Hi,

I can notice the second column is not fully displayed although it has the same values. I think you can extend the width of the second column a bit (accordingly), e.g you may add a line of code to your code i.e.

//…
xlsWorkbook.Settings.CalcMode = CalcModeType.Manual;
xlsWorkbook.Worksheets[“Sheet1”].Cells.SetColumnWidth(1, 9.30);
//…

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, but my question was about other thing. Please compare two charts: in the 1st file, and in the 2nd (After Aspose) and pay your attention on chart labels (I mean marker labels, not axe labels).

For example blue line has the next labels:
(1st file): 5562; 5459; 5332 …
(2nd file): 5561.7; 5458.5; 5331,5 …

My example demonstrates simple example. But this formatting can be really ugly for numbers with a big quantity of decimal places.

Thank you,
Andrey

Hi,

In both files, the marker labels are same as shown in the first file:
(1st file): 5562; 5459; 5332 …

Please take screen shots of input and output files to encircle the issued area with red color comparing both files. It will give us the idea about the issue

By the way, I am using Excel 2007 to open the files.

Thank you.

Hi,

I use Excel 2010 (and it seems it is important - SaveFormat.Xlsx).
I tried SaveFormat.Excel97To2003 - the labels are OK for this format, but I can’t use it (cause I work with XLSX fortmatted files), otherwise I will faced with other formatting problems.

I took screen shots, there are attached.

Many thanks,
Andrey

Hi,

Thanks for the sample screen shots.

Opening the input and output files into MS Excel 2010 can show the issue as you mentioned by your screen shots. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40148. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

When can we have workaround/solution on the issue above?

Thanks

Hi,

I have asked the relevant developer to update on it or provide an eta for it. Once I have the update, I will share it here soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Is there any progress for this issue?

Thanks,
Andrey

Hi,

We are working on your issue. Hopefully, we can provide the fix before the end of this week.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.3

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40148) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.