Chart-image issues

Any update on this?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comments in our database. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi there, any update on this? I’m really looking forward to get this sorted…

Cheers

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comments in our database against this issue. Please spare us some time. Once, we will have some fix or update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version), we support setQuality for JPG format image. The default value is 100. If
you want to get highly clear image, you don’t need to set it. If you want to
get highly compressed image, please set to lower value.

Also refer the Aspose.Cells sdk, Quality property only applies for JPG image and it will not effect to other formatted image. For more about the quality image, you may set the RenderingHints as following.

//Affects the shape(lines, rectangles and so on).

ImageOrPrintOptions.RenderingHintsMap.put(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING, RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_ON);

//Affects the text.

ImageOrPrintOptions.RenderingHintsMap.put(RenderingHints.KEY_TEXT_ANTIALIASING, RenderingHints.VALUE_TEXT_ANTIALIAS_ON);

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40495) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

One post above you mention that the update is only for JPG, will this be available(to set the quality of the image) any time soon for the rest of image formats?

I am currently setting the image quality (with the jar version 7.6.1.4) like this:

Chart cht = sheet.getCharts().get(0);

ImageOrPrintOptions imageOptions = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
imageOptions.setImageFormat(ImageFormat.getEmf());
imageOptions.setQuality(100);
ByteArrayOutputStream stream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
stream.reset();
cht.toImage(stream, imageOptions);

byte[] bytearrayToReturn = stream.toByteArray();
stream.flush();
stream.close();

The quality is very low, the image generated by Excel is 13KB and the same chart produces a 3KB if using aspose cells.

edit: I have tried the 8.0.2 version of aspose cells and seems to make no difference.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details and sample code:

I think you should not set the quality for Emf image format. Could you post us the template Excel file containing the chart, we will check your issue soon. Also provide some screen shots to highlight the issue(s) comparing MS Excel chart Vs Aspose.Cells rendered image for the chart, it will help us to look into your issue more precisely to consequently figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I have also tried not setting the quality when generating the image and doesn’t make any difference.

The difference with the image is mainly the overall quality, the weight is much lower, the lines of the chart look pixelated, etc…

I will provide examples soon.

Thanks for your answer.

Hi,

Sure, we will wait for your example.
Once we have your example, we will start evaluating your issue on our end.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please find attached the two image files.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample image files.

We observed the issue in the image as you mentioned. Could you also provide us template Excel file containing the chart, so we could evaluate your issue properly.

Thank you.

Hi,

Find it attached.

Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I observed the issue by converting the chart in the template file to Emf image format, the quality is not good. I even tried some rendering hints but to no avail.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("excel.xlsx");
Worksheet sheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);
Chart cht = sheet.getCharts().get(0);

ImageOrPrintOptions imageOptions = new ImageOrPrintOptions();
imageOptions.setImageFormat(ImageFormat.getEmf());

imageOptions.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_ANTIALIASING, RenderingHints.VALUE_ANTIALIAS_ON);
imageOptions.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_TEXT_ANTIALIASING, RenderingHints.VALUE_TEXT_ANTIALIAS_ON);

imageOptions.setQuality(100);

cht.toImage("outExcelimage1.emf", imageOptions);

I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSJAVA-40833" for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi Alfonsol,

.NET has built-in EMF support but Java doesn’t. We made our own EMF implementation. This issue is related to EMF+ which hasn’t been supported by Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have put this feature on top of our work list. Hopefully it will be available in about 4-6 weeks.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40833) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.