Chart in words / Java

Hi, I hope this message finds you well.

We use Aspose to generates some PDF from words templates. I have just read that in your last release you include the future of rendering charts (OOXML). But could you please clarify what you mean by : can I actually create the chart dynamically in Java or just render a chart that is already created in the template?.

Thanks for your time,
Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not provide API to create OOXML charts/diagrams from scratch and update them with new values. However, Aspose.Words render the chart in Pdf file that is already exists in the Doc/Docx.

Your request has been linked to the appropriate feature (WORDSNET-4617) in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this forum thread as soon as this features is supported. Please read the following article for your kind reference.

Hi Thair, first of all thanks for the information.

I have two questions regarding charting with Aspose.

1) I am using Smart market in an excel template (Aspose cells). In that template, I created a bar chart that is filled with dynamic information after it is been processed; then I get the generated chart programmatically (with aspose cells) and export it as image in png format:

chart.toImage(path, ImageFormat.getPng());

When I open the image, I realize that the chart data is fine, but it has a poor quality (image attached) as the labels and words looks like blurred. Please let me know what can I do to improve the image quality since I need to put them into a very important report.

2) We have a lot of interest in the feauture WORDSNET-4617 as we need to process the chart inside the word document, or to be able to get the chart data. Do you have any estimate when can you release that feauture?. For a proof of concept, we created a chart in a word document, and we inspected it with Aspose word; we realize that it is a Drawing_ML object, is there any way to retreive the chart data to manipulate it?, or to get the excel representation of the chart data?

I would appreciate a lot your answer

Regards
Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your inquiry. Your first query is related to Aspose.Cells component. I am moving this forum thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Cells team will reply you about Chart.toImage.

Regarding your second query, please note that inserting new OLE objects into Word documents and updating existing OLE objects is not supported at the moment. We had already logged this feature request in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available. The features IDs are as follow:

WORDSNET-4617 : Allow creating OOXML charts and diagrams from scratch.
WORDSNET-1206 : Support OLE embedding of documents and files

Regarding the ETA of these features, I am afraid these features have now been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

I would like to address your issue regarding Aspose.Cells component.

I think you should choose some vector image file format, e.g EMF which provides you a better quality, see the updated line of code:
E.g

Sample code:
chart.toImage(path, ImageFormat.getEmf());

Let us know if you still have some other query or issue.

Thank you.

Hello:

My clients are very interested in generating charts in a word document, so the obvious solution is to use Aspose.

I wonder what is the current status of the support of OOXML charts.

In that sense, it seems that it is possible now to have a template with an OOXML chart and populate it with the correct figures, is it?? if so, how can I create an OOXML chart inside a Word document? I googled it and I don’t find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Thanks
for your inquiry. I am afraid the feature WORDSNET-4617 had been postponed till a later date due to some other important issues and new features. We will inform you as soon as there are any further developments.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(17)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4617) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)