Chart.NSeries.DataLabels number format not saved

Hi,

DataLabels number format is not saved when saving workbook.
Please open the attached file “test.xlsx” in Excel, go to “Slide” worksheet, go to “Chart 1”, right-click on the DataLabel having value 16.6 (red font) and select Format Data Label->Number. You’ll notice that the number is formatted to have 1 decimal places and it displays “16.6”.
If we open this file in Aspose.Cells and save it to another file then open that file in Excel you’ll notice the label’s category is set to General & Linked to source (no specific number format) and it displays “16.596”.
For reproducing the issue please use the attached file “test.xlsx” and the following code:

var workbook = new Workbook(“test.xlsx”);
workbook.Save(“output.xlsx”);

For convenience I’m attaching the saved file too (“output.xlsx”).

Thanks,
Aurelian Iordache
Software Developer
IBM Romania

Hi Aurelian,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue after opening and saving your source Excel file using the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.2.3. Chart.NSeries.DataLabels number format is not saved.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-43156 - Chart.NSeries.DataLabels number format is not saved

We have tested it with the following code and also attached the screenshot highlighting the issue for a reference.

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“test.xlsx”);

Hi Aurelian,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

I tested it against version 8.3.2.1 and the issue is still present. Same steps to reproduce.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested this issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and it worked fine at my end. I have attached the output Excel file generated by the following code for your reference.

Please make sure, you are using the latest version. Please execute the following code and it should print 8.3.2.2.

Debug.WriteLine(CellsHelper.GetVersion());

Here is a sample code to test this issue.

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“test.xlsx”);

Hello,

Could you try again with the attached file? The one provided earlier doesn’t seem do have the issue anymore but the other files do.

Thank you,
Stanescu Jean-Alexandru
Junior Developer
IBM Romania

Hi Stanescu,

Thank you for sharing a new sample.

We have evaluated the presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.5.2.2 and your recent sample to confirm that the issue persists. Due to the reason that the issue appears for a fresh sample, we have logged another ticket CELLSNET-43874 rather than re-opening the previously attached ticket. Please allow some time for the product team to look further into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please try the new fix for resaving format issues.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43874) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.