I just wonder if there are support for the following:
1. A secondary Y axis
2. Possibilty to plot different graphs in the same chart, i.e combine bars and curves
3. Possibility to define to show the Data Table below the chart
4. Possibility to place drawing items, such as text boxes in the chart area
Aspose.Excel fully supports these features in designer spreadsheet. You can create a designer file including these features and use Aspose.Excel to load it.
If you want to use these feature by API, the answers are:
1. Could you tell me in what situation a secondary Y axis is needed?
2. Currently we doesn’t supply this feature, but it’s on our work plan.
3. Yes. Please refer to http://www.aspose.com/Products/Aspose.Excel/Api/Aspose.Excel.Chart.IsDataTableShown.html.
4. You can set legend, title…, but at this moment inserting text boxes is not available.
You say that these features are supported in the designer. I wonder if, I am allowed made changes to the designer spreadsheet from Aspose.Excel ?.
Regarding item 1. We will use a secondary axis if we show several graph series that are not representing similar data. That could be a hour graph together with a cost graph. Using only one Y axis, the Y axis will be formatted according to the largest value, i.e cost and the hour graph would ‘disappear’ or be a graph close to 0.
Regarding item 2. This may be related to item 1. Say we want to show hours as periodical values by use of a histogram graph, and in the same chart show cumulated hours as a line or curve graph. Since cumulated values will be much larger than periodical values it will be preferable to tp use a secondary Y axis. Do you have any idea of a release date for this feature.
Yes, you can make changes to the loaded designer spreadsheet. You can create a chart as your wish then dynamically change the data using Aspose.Excel. That’s the case used by most of our customers.
I understand your needs for question 1 and 2. Unfortunately these two features are complex and time-consuming, so it may take several months.
But I think you can use the above method to do it. Creating a chart as your wish in the designer spreadsheet, then you can use Aspose.Excel to change data on the run time.
A final question regarding the designer spreadsheet.
Will I be able to change not only the data to chart, but also change the chart object itself, such as graph types and if I want to use the secondary Y axis or not, and which graph series to assign to the primary and to the secondary Y axis.
Currently you can only change the data.
Thanks. We will use Aspose.Exel to add data and formatting info to the chart defined in the designer spreadsheet. Then we use a VBA macro to manipulate the chart object du to the formatting info.