Chart poisition is getting altered when AddOleObjectFrame is used

Hi,

We are using an Editable chart in which we are using "AddOleObjectFrame" to paste the image of the chart initially in the PPT template.

Earlier we used "AddPictureFrame" to paste the image. The problem is the position of the image pasted in the template is getting altered when we use the 'AddOleObject Frame" though we are passing exactly the same x,y coordinates, width and height of the image.

The actual change or difference happens at the y coordinate and the height of the image. Our internal manipulations have pixel calculation as (no of pixels *(pixel height or width) for x,y, width and height parameters that we pass for "AddOleObjectFrame" or "AddPictureFrame".

On analysis we identified that the Master slide that we used, has title placeholder which is actually making the difference. You can goto master slide of any PPT presentation by clicking View(Menu) - Master - Slide Master.

The objects( images or tables) which are added by "AddPictureFrame" or "AddTable" respectively uses the parameters that we sent for x,y, width and height uses the body placeholder for reference to place its position where as the image pasted using "AddOleObjectFrame" is using the title placeholder for reference.

This is impacting our delivery drastically as some of the reports which are generated already, when they are exported with "AddOleObjectFrame" code, the position is getting altered.

Please provide us some resolution for this issue. For your reference I am hereby attaching the ppt's generated using both "AddPictureFrame" and "AddOleObjectFrame".

Regards,

Priya.

Hi Priya,

I have been able to verify the observation pointed out by you and have also observed the chart position getting altered. This issue needs further investigation from our development team and for that an issue with ID 19646 has been created in our issue tracking system. This thread has also been linked with the issue, so that you may automatically notified, once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Could you please raise the priority of the issue, as it is higly impacting our delivery.

Regards,

Priya

Dear Priya,

I can understand the level of urgency you might be experiencing. If the issues are of minor categories, we always try to fix them at earliest. I can suggest you to please consider our priority support service to expedite the resolution of your issues. You may please find further details about priority support here.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

Any updates on this issue? Please respond with tentative timeline.

Regards,

Priya.

Dear Priya,

The issue chart position and size getting changed has been resolved. Please visit this link to technical article section, where we have shared chart working solution for chart resizing issues. Hopefully, this will help you out.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Mudassir,

We already bought priority support for Nielsen and the details for the same is Aspose Order 100709121219 - License File - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />PO Number 13413275. Can you please treat this as high priority and resolve the issue. Also it would be great if you provide the ETA for this issue.

The link to the solution that you have provided might resolve the chart resizing issue once it is tried to edit. But the issue that I have posted here is even before editing the chart, its placement (position) is not at the place where it is expected to be.

Dear Priya,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Our development team will investigate the specified issue and when any update will be available, we will be obliged to share that with you.

As you have mentioned that you have priority support subscription. In order to avail that, I may request you to either make a separate post in Aspose.Priority forum or make a post in the current thread and I will then move that request to Aspose.Priority forum. Please remember that only priority support user has access to priority support forum and normal users have no access to that.

Thanks and Regards,

Dear Priya,

Can you please share the code project code snippet with us that you have used for adding Ole object frame for further investigation. We feel the issue might be because of the fact that different height and width for Picture and OleObject.

Thanks and Regards,