Chart to image rendering - leader lines missing and values replaced with [CELLREF] tokens in .NET

Using Aspose.Cells for .NET 19.3.0.

When calling Chart.ToImage(), the rendered chart does not match Excel. Specifically, the leader lines are missing and there are [CELLREF] tokens where values should be in the data labels.

I tried updating to 19.4.0, but that result was even worse. Two of the three charts are completely missing.

Attached are the comparison images as well as the source document.

Repro.zip (608.2 KB)

@DTS_Barry,
I have tested this scenario using following sample code with latest version Aspose.Cells for .NET 19.4 but could not observe any issue. All the images are equivalent to output created by Excel. Could you please test this scenario again and if issue is not resolved, share your complete executable solution with us for our testing?

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@"2019_LCFF-BOP-Spanish-RealNumbers.xlsx");
foreach(var ws in workbook.Worksheets)
{
    foreach(var chart in ws.Charts)
    {
        chart.ToImage(chart.Name + ".jpg", ImageFormat.Jpeg);
    }
}

output.zip (193.7 KB)

@DTS_Barry,
I have reviewed the data more closely and noticed problem of [CELLREF] tokens. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46717 - Chart.ToImage issues

Thank you, Ahsan. I would also like to draw your attention to the missing leader lines (see highlighted attachment).

I’ll test my code against the 19.4 release again and see if something has changed with regard to exporting charts. If I can produce a simple repro case, I will include that here.

Excel Sample - Leader Lines.jpg (85.5 KB)

@DTS_Barry,
Thank you for pointing it out. I have logged this information with the ticket along with the sample image. We will consider it while working on this issue.

Ahsan,

I am attaching the repro case that produces empty charts using Aspose.Cells 19.4.
I have blanked out the license file, so you will need to supply a valid one.

Repro.zip (38.7 KB)

@DTS_Barry,
I have executed your code and can notice issue of leader lines and CELLREF but empty charts issue is not reproduced. Could you please share the images created on your end. Repro_output.zip (258.8 KB)

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.4.4:

Aspose.Cells19.4.4 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.4.4 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

Ahsan,

Please see the output from my repro case:

Template - Chart 1.jpg (92.5 KB)
Template - Chart 0.jpg (47.2 KB)
Template - Chart 2.jpg (79.9 KB)

I’ll run another test with your 19.4.4 assembly and report back.

Ahsan,

The v19.4.4 assembly does correct the blank chart issue. See output:

Template - Chart 2.jpg (102.2 KB)
Template - Chart 0.jpg (152.8 KB)
Template - Chart 1.jpg (92.5 KB)

The only issues remaining are the ones noted for CELLSNET-46717 ([CELLREF] and missing leader lines).

Thank you,

@DTS_Barry,

Thanks for your confirmation that the new fix does sort out your blank charts issue.

And, surely, we will fix the issue regarding “[CELLREF] and missing leader lines”.

@Amjad_Sahi,

Thank you. Will this thread be updated when the issue is resolved?

@DTS_Barry,
Yes, it will be updated here and you will be notified once this issue is resolved or any other feedback is ready to share.

@DTS_Barry,

We are pleased to inform you that your issue has been resolved and we will provide you the fixed version in the next few days after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-46717) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao