Chart to image - what exactly is supported?

Hello,

My company is in the final stages of purchasing this product, but are seeing some issues in our testing that I need to get addressed.

Our use case is to take client spreadsheets and produce images for a report. We are trying to make it as much of a mirror image of the original excel file as possible, so it’s important that we note any incompatibilities.

For example, our testing found that 3D bubble charts come out 2D in the exported image (please see attachment). Is there some way to make that work, or is it just an incompatibility at the moment?

Is there an official list of chart types that are supported when converting to an image?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for details and screenshot.

Well, I am afraid, Bubble 3D chart is not supported for rendering to PDF/image at the moment, see the document for supported and unsupported chart types (very few charts are unsupported) for your reference:
https://docs.aspose.com/display/cellsnet/Chart+Rendering#ChartRendering-SupportedChartTypesforRendering

We also appreciate if you could provide us your template Excel file containing the Bubble 3D chart type, we will check if we could support it for your needs.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply! Though it’s disappointing that there are chart types that aren’t supported, it’s good to have a reference of what they are. Thank you for providing the link.

I have attached a spreadsheet that contains 2 charts. The first one (as discussed earlier) gets converted to 2d, the second one just produces a blank image.

Thanks!
Hi,

1) We have already logged a ticket for "3D Effects are not rendered in the output image for the Bubble 3D chart" under id "CELLSNET-42741" into our issue tracking system.

2) As Shakeel Faiz told you Aspose.Cells does not support to render all flavors of surface chart to image/PDF file format. We have already logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-40830".

Once we have an update on any of the above mentioned issues, we will let you know here.

Thank you.