Chart's PDF has wrong date format of x-axis labels

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Cells v17.4.0 to generate PDF of chart - "Chart 1" in the attached excel file. In the PDF output, the format of x-axis labels is incorrect.

Following code is used to generate the output:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("test.xlsx");
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
String worksheetName = "Charts";
Chart chart = ws.get(worksheetName).getCharts().get("Chart 1");
chart.toPdf("D:\\aspose generated-17.4.0.pdf");

I have attached Excel generated Pdf and Aspose generated Pdf along with a screenshot comparing both.

Can you please analyse this issue.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. I found that the chart’s Pdf has wrong date format of x-axis labels as per his attached screenshot.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“test.xlsx”);
WorksheetCollection ws = workbook.getWorksheets();
String worksheetName = “Charts”;
Chart chart = ws.get(worksheetName).getCharts().get(“Chart 1”);
chart.toPdf(“D:\aspose generated-17.4.0.pdf”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42258” for your issue. Our concerned developer from product team will look into it soon.

By the way, I also found there is external reference for the underlying data source in your template file. Aspose.Cells does not support external data source at the moment.

Thank you.

Hello,

Is there any update on this issue?

This issue has been reported by our customer in their Production Environment and they are asking us for its fix asap.

Can you please look into this issue on priority.

Thanks,
Neha

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue is not resolved yet. However, I have logged your concerns against your issue “CELLSJAVA-42258” into our database and asked the concerned developer from product team update on it or provide an ETA (if possible).

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42258”). Hopefully, we will be sharing the fix shortly after we have completed performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.5.4 (attached).

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42258) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.