Check boxes does not render correctly after DOCX to PDF conversion using C#

Hi Adam ,

I ensured that we have WINGDINGS2.ttf file in font directory but the issue of radio button is still not solved when converting doc file to pdf using Aspose .Words.
I have attached doc and pdf file both.
Please check page number 5 in both attached files to check how pdf is rendering .

It would be of great help if you can give me some solution on this as I am stuck here and trying to get it resolve since last 5 days but still in vain.

For information we have made Test.doc combining different docs using Aspose . words .
Also, we are using license version2.2 and dll as Aspose.Words for .NET 9.5 and Aspose.Pdf for .NET 6.0.

This message was posted using Email2Forum by aske012. (attachment)

Hi Dipti,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. We will inform you as soon as it has been resolved.

This issue resolves itself if you open and save the document using MS Word. So you can do this to fix the issue in the mean time.

We will keep you informed of any developments regarding your issue.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5241) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

When using the latest version Aspose.words 11.0 for Framework 2.0 , checkboxes are still not rendering as checkboxes , but shows special characters upon coverting to pdf .

Pls recommend me the solution for this .

Dipti

Hi

Thank you for inquiry. First off, please try to use the latest version at your end and see if it resolves your issue. However, if it still doesn’t resolve your issue then please highlight it with screen shot. I have attached output Pdf.

Note:

Fix Version: 11.1.0

I hope, this will help.

Thanks for your quick support .
I tried to use Aspose.Words for .NET 11.1 for converting doc to pdf .Also installed WINGDNG2 font , but radio buttons still not rendering correctly.Pls see attached screen shot .

Code used to convert is :-
AppPack.Save(newPath, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Pls suggest

Dipti

Hi Dipti,

Please accept my apology for late response. I have not found the share issue while using the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET. Please find the generated PDF in attachment.

Please share some more information about your issue, also information about your working environment, like operating system, .net framework etc.

Hi ,
Thanks for you response .
I have multiple doc files which have merged fields bind at run time dynamically using code and then all these docs are together merged into one doc file using Aspose.words (see the one attached as sample merged doc files – Test.doc). This doc is further converted into pdf using Aspose.words .

My issue is when its merged into doc (Test.doc) radio buttons are rendered correctly showing proper merging , but when converted same into pdf , radio buttons shows special characters instead of bullets .
For more information , we have a stored procedure which sends characters of radio button known to windings font and aspose words smartly recognizes these character into bullets of radio button using windings in doc file .

So far doc file is rendering fine , but while converting to pdf , the issue lies when these radio buttons are again converted to windings characters send by procedure .Please check page number 5 for radio buttons .

I am using Microsoft windows XP Professional, Service pack 3 and framework .Net v2.0

It would be nice if you could share the code or a sample project of converting aspose word doc (see attached Test.doc in previous threads ) into pdf .

Thanks,
Dipti

Hi Dipti,

Thanks for sharing the information. I have used the following code snippet to convert your document into PDF file. I am using Windows 7 and .net framework 2.0 and have not found any issue with pdf generation.

Please share your code for investigation purposes. I will check this issue at Microsoft windows XP Professional and will update you soon.

Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(MyDir + "Test.doc");
doc.Save(MyDir + "out.pdf");

Hi Dipti,

Please also share your problematic PDF file.

Thanks.

Hi Tahir,

Check the attachement , Page 5

Thanks,
Dipti

Hi Dipti,

I have managed to reproduce the same problem at my end. I have logged this issue in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Dipti,

Further to my last reply. I was not installed the WINGDINGS2 font at my system. After installing it I have not found reported issue. Please find the output pdf file in attachment. Please install WINGDINGS2 at your system.

Thanks.