Check signed/unsigned VBA in Office documents via Aspose APIs

Hi,

Here is enhancement request - Aspose does not have ability to check whether VBAcode is signed or not.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

New feature requests to support this feature in Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Slides have been logged into our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12444, CELLSNET-43920 and SLIDESNET-36838 respectively. We will keep you updated on these issues in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.0.1

We have fixed your issue logged as “CELLSNET-43920” now.

Please try the property
VbaProject.IsSigned that supports your needs.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Fix works for xlsm, but not for xls.

Hi,

Could you provide your template XLS file, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I have evaluated your issue using your attached XLS file with the following sample code, it does not work as expected. You are right, it does not work with the XLS file.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\Book2.xls”);

Console.WriteLine(workbook.VbaProject.IsSigned); //False - Not Ok.

I have reopened your issue “CELLSNET-43920”. Our concerned developer from product team will look into it soon.

Thank you.
Hi,

This is to inform you that your issue logged earlier as "CELLSNET-43920" is resolved now. Hopefully, we will provide the fix in the next week after ensuring the quality of the fix and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.3.2

We have fixed your issue “CELLSNET-43920” now.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi,

VbaProject.IsSigned returns FALSE for XLSB with signed VBA project.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file.

You are right. It does not work with your attached XLSB file, it works fine with XLS file format though. I have tested the feature using your newly attached XLSB file (vba code is digital signed in it) with the following sample code and it does not work fine.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\signed VBA.xlsb”);

Console.WriteLine(workbook.VbaProject.IsSigned); //False - Not Ok

I have reopened your issue “CELLSNET-43920” again. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed your issue CELLSNET-43920 now.

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.6.3.4

and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43920) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Tested CELLSNET-43920 on my side. Seems code works fine.

Many thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Good to know that your issue “CELLSNET-43920” is fixed by the new release, we have closed your ticket now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have any other issue or queries/comments, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-12444) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.1 update.