Checkboxes in Reader vs Acrobat

We are currently using the facade api to prepopulate a pdf form with values before downloading it to a user.

When the user downloads the file, it opens just fine in Reader with all text fields and checkboxes filled appropriately. But when the same file is loaded into Acrobat DC, the text fields are filled correctly, but none of the checkboxes are selected.

Any ideas?

@stevemotley

Thanks for contacting support.

In order to replicate the issue in our environment, we need a sample PDF document and working code snippet which you are using to fill the fields inside document. We will really appreciate if you please share the requested things so that we can test the scenario and address it accordingly.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

TAX_TYPE_W9-5.pdf (121.8 KB)

Attached is the prepopulated file. In this case, the “Limited Liability Company” checkbox will be checked when loaded into Reader but not when loaded into Acrobat.

Code snippets are fairly simple fillField call …

static boolean populateCheckbox(FormWeb form, String optionFieldName) {
	boolean result=false;
	if (form.getField(optionFieldName) != null) {
		result=true;
		form.fillField(optionFieldName, result);
	}
	return result;
}

called from a code snippet that fills both the checkbox and the text box (text box works)

if (populateCheckbox(form, TaxFileGenerationMapping.W9_LIMITEDLIABILITY)) {
		        		 form.fillField(TaxFileGenerationMapping.W9_LLCTYPE,"C");
		        	}

and in case you need this …

//tax classification LLC
public static final String W9_LIMITEDLIABILITY = "topmostSubform[0].Page1[0].FederalClassification[0].c1_1[5]";

Thanks for any help that you can give …

@stevemotley

Thanks for sharing required information.

I have tested the scenario with both DOM and Facades approach using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 17.6 and was able to notice that the checkbox value was missing when viewing file in Adobe Acrobat DC. Hence, I have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-42968 in our issue tracking system.

We will further investigate the reasons behind this and keep you informed with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was an update on this issue (PDFNET-42968). And is there a way for us to track the progress on tickets like this?

Thanks,
Steve

@stevemotley

Thanks for your inquiry.

As we have recently notified the product team about this issue, so it is pending for review. We are sure that an investigation against your issue will be planned soon.

The issue has been logged in our internal issue tracking system and I am afraid that you cannot track/access it. However, we will definitely keep you informed about the status of resolution progress within this forum thread. Please be patient and give us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Asad Ali

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any updates on this issue …

@stevemotley,
The linked ticket ID PDFNET-42968 pending for the analysis and not resolved yet. Our product team will investigate this as per the development schedules. We will let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard.