ChildTasksCollector - Is there another way to read entire task collection?

Good Morning - I know you're working on a problem with the ChildTasksCollector reading start and finish dates. However, is there another way to read the entire task collection without having to iterate through each level? I'm trying to finish the project by the end of next week (10/21/2011) and I need your guidance on whether the ChildTasksCollector will be fixed prior to this date or if I have to code this differently.

Goal of project: import MS Project file, go down at least levels, and display output as gantt chart. I have all of this working but the object ChildTasksCollector isn't working yet.

Please let me know

With kind regards

Len

Hi Len,

I have found it pretty easy to navigate the task structure ...

I just use a simple recursive routine starting with the root task and then cycle through the child tasks. For some reason, I could not get the sample into this post ... it should be pretty easy.

Regards, Bruce

Dear Len,

There is no issue in the ChildTasksCollector. I can read the entire task collection in your sample file using ChildTasksCollector but the issue is that task.Start returns the incorrect date and this issue has been logged into our issue tracking system as TASKS-31248. I will update you with the ETA once our developers analyze this issue. Finish date is correct for all the tasks. Can you please confirm if you are facing the same issue or are there some other issues as well?

I saved your sample file as XML and read all the tasks using ChildTasksCollector and task.Start was returning the correct dates so the issue is in MPP format only.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as TASKS-31248) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.