Chineese characters while converting PPT to PDF

Hi,

I am trying to convert from PPT to PDF, PPT contatins chinese characters. But unfortunately chinese characters are not coming in PPT. Its coming as boxes in place of chineese characters when I do presentation.save(“test.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);. I think this is problem with Unicode. Please help me on this.

Regards,
Narasimha Reddy.

Hi Narasimha Reddy,

I have observed the issue shared by you and like to share that you are facing this situation owing to missing of fonts used inside your presentation on machine where you are exporting to PDF. I suggest you to please try installing the fonts used in your presentation on your machine or you can even copy them on your disc and load them externally without even installing them.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

You are correct. But I need confirmation for below points, Please help me on this.
  1. missing of fonts is affecting Chinese characters?
  2. How the Unicode conversion is going on with the help of Aspose fonts?
  3. If this is the problem with Unicode. Please let me know what is the default Aspose Unicode?
  4. How to change the Unicode as per user requirement in Aspose.slides?

Regards,
Narasimha Reddy.

Hi Narasimha Reddy.

I have observed your questions and first of all I suggest you to please try using attached sample code on your end. It will display all fonts used inside your presentation. When you get list of fonts, you can then check if all fonts are installed on your machine or not. You either need to install the missing fonts or load them externally in your application. Then you will not observe any issue with Chinese characters in rendering.

Moreover, the default encoding used by Aspose.Slides is UTF-8. However, you can change the encoding as well and it gets applied to Aspose.Slides as well. As shared earlier, you need to verify the availability of fonts used in your machine before converting to PDF and rendering will be fine.

Many Thanks,