Chinese character is shown in Task's Notes for mpp file

Hi,

I found that property Task.Notes is shown in Chinese character in MPP file, it’s no problem for XML file (English shown).
Could you pls recheck with this attached file ? How can i workaround for this ?

Thanks and regards,
Thanh

Hi Thanh,

You can find the problem discussion in this forum thread (use task’s and resource’s NotesText properties to get a plain text from the RTF).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank Sergey,

Your past fix not solved all. With MPP file, i use NotesText property to show correctly (English), but to XML file this field is null, we cannot use NotesText for both cases. So could you please fix so that i can use only one property (Notes) to show correctly for mpp and xml file ?

Thanks,
Thanh

Hi Thanh,

I am afraid we can not change Notes processing due to backward compatibility, but we can update NotesText for XML files, so it’ll contain the Notes text for both cases.

I have created a new issue ‘Task’s and resource’s NotesText properties are null when read project from XML file.’ with ID = 22216 and linked it to this forum thread. The issue is in our next release’s plans.

Let us know please if the approach does not work for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

It’s so good if we can use NotesText for both cases :). In the meantime, i am thinking of workaround by check mpp or xml file, if mpp i will get NotesText, and xml i will get Notes prop.

Thanks for your support, I will wait for the next release. It had better if this fix is released by the end of December.

Thanh from Promatica AS

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 22216) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.