Chm to html issue

Hello

Dim MyDocument As Words.Document = New Words.Document(SourceFile, MyLoadOptions)
MyDocument.Save(TargetFile, SaveSetHTML)

I use the above code with Aspose.Email.chm which is around 11 MB, my RAM usage goes up and after around 20min, it has reached 1.2GB for my sample test app, still going up, no idea if eventually will be finished or there’s an infinite loop bug!

@australian.dev.nerds Could you please attach the problematic input document here for testing? We will check the issue on our side and provide you more information.

1 Like

Hi,
Attached here:
Aspose.Email.zip (9.8 MB)
Thanks

@australian.dev.nerds
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-26099

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

Hello
Seems that issue is confirmed, I think the bug is in loading part, not saving part.
Because no matter which format you’d save, it freezes in the document load part.
Anyway, is there some kind of load timeout we set?

If not, what about Words.Loading.LoadOptions.Timeout ? :slight_smile:

@australian.dev.nerds There is LoadOptions.ProgressCallback but currently it works only with Docx, FlatOpc, Docm, Dotm, Dotx, Markdown, Rtf, WordML, Doc, Dot, Odt, Ott formats.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-26104

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve tested with many real-world CHM files and most of them caused this freezing bug! Needed to submit them all?

@australian.dev.nerds You can wait for a fix of WORDSNET-26099 and then recheck other CHM documents or attach the problematic CHMs here, we will check them while working on the issue.

@australian.dev.nerds We have completed analyzing the issue WORDSNET-26099 and concluded it is not a bug. CHM document contains more than 14362 HTML files, whose unpacked total size is more than 100 MB. Conversion of such amount of files should take at least several hours.
We will consider adding the following improvements:

• Provide a progress indicator that would allow to see that conversion process is still running.
  • Provide means of partial conversion for CHM files. For example, allow to convert only selected topics.