Chrome PDF printing issue

Hi,

There is an issue printing PDF(s) created usong Aspose.Words v2013.3.31 from chrome. In print preview images embedded in PDF appear to be split on the sides. The version 2012.11.30 does not appear to exhibit the same issue. When I run compare on PDFs produced using both versions the structure is different. I had to roll back to version 2012.11.30 because of this issue.

I have attached sample PDF(s) demonstrating this issue. Simply drag each PDF in to chrome and then click print to see the issue.

PS: Microsoft Word Save As PDF does not exhibit the same issue.

Thanks,
Max

The problem appears to be in a way you process docx file to pdf. A workaround is converting docx to doc format.
PS: doc produces excellent pdf and appears to be much faster then docx.

Hi Max,

Thanks for your inquiry. First of all, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words 13.5.0 from the following link:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

I hope, this helps.

Secondly, if the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

I upgraded the same day with no change (same issue in new version). As the mater of fact the PDF produces from new and older version is exactly the same except for the component version information used to create this PDF.

This is obviously a rendering issue since all versions produce excellent PDF if used with .doc files Asposed to .docx.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thanks for the additional information.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the input Word document. I need your Word document to reproduce the same problem on my side. Please note that it is safe to attach files in the forum. If you attach your document here, only you and Aspose staff members can download it. Also you can send the file to my e-mail as described here:
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711
Best regards,

Hi,

Document attached and sample code I use to crate pdf.

new Aspose.Words.License().SetLicense(@"D:\Dropbox\Temp\Aspose.Words.lic");
var doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(@"D:\Dropbox\Temp\national test.docx");
doc.Save(Path.ChangeExtension(@"D:\Dropbox\Temp\national test.docx", ".pdf"),Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Thanks,
Maxim

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid, I could not see any issue with the output PDF document, could you please clarify where the issue is? I have attached a PDF file, i.e. generated with the latest version of Aspose.Words (13.5.0) on my side, and a screenshot showing as to how this PDF was displayed inside Chrome’s Preview window here for your reference.

Best regards,

Try to print preview out.pdf in Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 m. Look at the images. They have lines going trough them. See attached image for sample of this issue.
PS: I have also noticed that you are using Microsoft XPS Document Writer. Try switching to printer other then Microsoft XPS Document Writer.

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for the additional information. I tested the scenario using Aspose.Words for .NET 13.6.0 and have managed to reproduce this problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8509. We will further look into the details of this problem and keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8509) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.