Clarifications Regarding ASPOSE.Word

Hello Aspose Team,
I have the following clarifications
Question 1 :
We inserted two tables into our merge field document to align within the document outline. The tables are under Purchase Price and Method of Payment of Purchase Price on the second page of the document. When the document is processed through Asposé to create a pdf, the entire table shifts to the left and no longer aligns properly with the rest of the outline.
The table is, in fact, being resized causing line G from the subsequent page to be brought into the same page as the tables. This happens even when adding a spacer column as seen in the attached example. The original document formatting is not being retained. How can this be fixed?
Question 2:
How can we use Asposé to insert a checkmark into document checkboxes?
Included are the original merge field document and the resulting pdf. Additionally
I have included the XML data source and .NET project used for merging the data from the XML with Word and giving the output in .pdf
regards
Jayakumar Janakiraman
Customer Order Id :070625115357

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. The problem occurs because you are using floating table in your document. At the moment, Aspose.Words does not support positioning of floating tables during rendering. As a workaround, you can set “Text wrapping” of your tables to “None”.
  2. In case of using form fields, you can try using the following code:
// Open document.
Document doc = new Document("in.docx");
FormField formField = doc.Range.FormFields[0];
// If field type if FormCheckBox set Checked.
if (formField.Type.Equals(FieldType.FieldFormCheckBox))
    formField.Checked = true;
doc.Save("out.docx");

Please see the following page for more information and the attached documents:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/working-with-fields/
Best regards,

Hello Aspose Team,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Regarding the issue

1. At the moment, Aspose.Words does not support positioning of floating tables during rendering. As a workaround, you can set “Text wrapping” of your tables to “None”.

As per the suggestion given , I did set the “Text Wrapping” of my Table Cells to “None”, still the original document formatting is not being retained when we generate the .pdf file.
Additionally I found that my .pdf file was not showing the footnotes that were there in the original Word document.
I did some further research and upgraded the Aspose.words.dll from version 9.3.0.0 to the latest version of 9.4.0.0 but I could not get the footnotes from the original word document to be reproduced in the generated .pdf file even after the upgrade
Please do come back on the resolutins for the above issues.
Attaching the following files for your reference

1. Word document ( source )
  2. The generated .pdf file in addition to the project files. (resulting .pdf)
3. Project doing the merge(AsposeMergeTest.zip)
4. XML source document(Contract Final.xml)

regards
Jayakumar Janakiraman

Hello
Thank you for additional information.

1. I have changed “Text wrapping” of your tables to “None” and the output PDF looks as expected. Please see the attached documents.
  2. It seems the problem with footnotes occurs because custom marks are used for footnotes. Footnotes with custom marks are not supported by Aspose.Words yet. As a workaround, you can insert footnotes with default marks. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.

Best regards,

Hello,
Regarding the Issue 1:
Could you please be more specific if you changed the “Text Wrapping” for the tables element and cell element or for the Table element only? Also could you please let us know if you have changed all table elements including the border table of the Document?
Regarding the Issue 2:
Please note that we have not used any special characters in the Footnote. See the attached screenshot for reference.

Hello

Thank you for additional information.

1. I have changed “Text Wrapping” for whole table. Please just select a table, go to “Table Properties” and change “Text Wrapping” from “Around” to “None”.
  2. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards,

Hello Aspose Team,
Could you please update me on the issue of footnotes not getting shown in .pdf file ?
Earlier I got an answer that the Footnotes were not shown because of special characters and in response I had checked from my end and found that we had not used any special characters.
Currently we have the critical requirement to show the footnotes from the source word document in the target .pdf document.
Please come back on this issue ASAP.
Note : Please refer to the thread for complete backgroud.
regards
Jayakumar Janakiraman

Hello

Thanks for your request. Regarding the problem with footnotes, unfortunately, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue at the moment. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the problem or provide you more information.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 19990) have been fixed in this update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1940) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(139)