ClassCastException and missing list bullet points

Hi … i just recently tried aspose.slides for java to convert one of our customers pptx files to jpegs.

I ran into the following ClassCastException:

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.awt.geom.Rectangle2D$Double cannot be cast to java.awt.geom.Rectangle2D$Float
at com.aspose.slides.FillParam.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.FillParam.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.FillParam.(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GeometryShapeEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GeometryShapeEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GeometryShapeEx.draw(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.AutoShapeEx.draw(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GroupShapeEx.draw(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.GroupShapeEx.draw(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.SlideEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.pptx.SlideEx.getThumbnail(Unknown Source)
at de.inside.aspose.AsposeSlides.createSlideImagesX(AsposeSlides.java:99)
at de.inside.aspose.AsposeSlides.processPPTX(AsposeSlides.java:153)
at de.inside.aspose.AsposeSlides.main(AsposeSlides.java:41)

In addition to that, there is a problem with rendering our bullet points.
I attached a demo pptx for you to try it yourself…

The following code snippet is used to create the images:

String path = “target/aspose/pptx/images/” ;
File f = new File(path);
f.mkdirs();

SlidesEx slides = presentation.getSlides();
for (int i = 0; i < slides.size(); i++) {
SlideEx slide = slides.get(i);
BufferedImage image = slide.getThumbnail(1f, 1f);
ImageIO.write(image,“png”,new File(path + (i + 1) + “.png”));

Can please help me to fix these errors?

thank you, Borris

Hi Borris,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33436 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi … thank you for creating this issue.

In the meantime I found two other bugs in rendering images from ppt and pptx. I attached two further demo presentations:

demo2.ppt
You can see that the “test” Logo should appear in the top right corner but is rendered on bottom of the image.

demo3.pptx
In this demo you can see that the text runs out of the grey box. It looks like the side ratio is not the same?!

We are really considering to buy aspose.slides, but we need the excact rendering of our customers presentations.

thank you

Hi Borris,

I have worked with the presentation files shared by you and have been able to observe the issues specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33447 has been created to resolve the issue of text getting over flowing from the shape issue in demo3.pptx. A separate issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33448 has been created to resolve the improper rendering of logo text in demo2.ppt.

This thread has been linked with the issues so that yo may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33436) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33447) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33448) have been fixed in this update.