Classic ASP, Unicode, slow to save as PDF

Hi,

We are using Aspose PDF in a classic asp environment. We have recently noted that saving the PDF has become significantly slower, to the point where saving a small PDF can take 30+ seconds.

I have narrowed this down to this line of of the XML we are generating…

<Cell><Text FontSize="10"><Segment Alignment="left" IsUnicode="true"><![CDATA[blah blah]]></Segment></Text></Cell>"

If I remove the following attribute - IsUnicode=“true” - then the PDF is saved instantly. Sadly we need the data to contain unicode characters.

Is there a way to speed up the saving of the PDF so that it does not take 30 seconds and maintain the Unicode data?

I did wonder if there is a file-level setting for turning on unicode, and wonder if setting it at that level that might work better.

@felbrigg2

Thank you for contacting support.

Would you please share a narrowed down sample application along with respective files for which the problem is reproduced and the ones which are saved fine, so that we may try to reproduce and investigate it further. Before sharing requested data, please ensure using Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.9.1 in your environment.