ClassNotFoundException: com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.abk

How do people get Aspose.Slides to work? I’m getting a fatal error when I’m doing the most basic thing there is:

Presentation pres = new Presentation();

This results in a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.aspose.slides.obfuscated.abk

Google has never heard of this, and searching on this forum doesn’t turn up anything either.

I’m using aspose.slides-2.7.0.jar

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Dear,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I feel you may be missing import statement for Aspose.Slides. I have shared a sample java file for your reference. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

I imported com.aspose.slides.

I changed my code to use com.aspose.slides.pptx.
and PresentationEx, and now it works fine.

For now, this is good enough, but in case I want to create a Presentation with the old ppt format in the future, I’d still like to know what the problem with com.aspose.slides.Presentation is.

Hello Dear,

Please share your working java file along with the source PPT file so that I may reproduce the issue you are encountering on your end. Please also share which JDK version you are using on your end along with the information about your operating system. I will really appreciate your cooperation for this.

Many Thanks,

I’m using Groovy+Grails. At the moment, my code looks like this:

import com.aspose.slides.pptx.;
import com.aspose.slides.
;
import org.jfree.chart.plot.;
import org.jfree.chart.
;
import org.jfree.data.general.*;
import org.jfree.data.general.PieDataset;
import javax.imageio.ImageIO;
import javax.imageio.stream.ImageOutputStream;
import javax.imageio.stream.MemoryCacheImageOutputStream;
import java.awt.image.BufferedImage;

class GraphController {

def index = {

Presentation p = new Presentation();
}
}

(All the other imports are to create an image to include in the presentation.)

The error happens on the line with "Presentation p = new Presentation();"

PS: I realize English is not your first language, so I hope you don’t mind a friendly correction: “Hello Dear” makes it sound like we are married. It’s how people tend to address their spouse. It feels a bit weird to be addressed like that by a representative from a company. Just “Hello” or possibly with username: “Hello Quincebv” (though that isn’t my real name) would look better.

Hi Quincebv,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience in addressing you. Actually, I had no idea that whether “Quincebv” was customer or company name. I was unsure so I used term “Hello Dear” to give regard to worthy client. Although, analogy shared by you sounds interesting.

Actually, I don’t have “Groovy+Grails” setup and need to install and understand that before reproducing the issue. I may request some time for setting up the mentioned environment. I will really appreciate some quick tutoruial links in this regard from your side.

Many Thanks,