Cloning a PowerPoint slide that contains a chart

Hi support,

I am experiencing the following issue with Aspose.Slides for .NET version 8.4.0:
I have a PowerPoint file with one slide on it. The slide contains a chart (see attached in.pptx file). I am executing the fillowing code:

using (var pres = new PresentationEx(“in.pptx”))
{
var slide = pres.Slides[0];
pres.Slides.AddClone(slide);
pres.Slides.AddClone(slide);

pres.Save(“out.pptx”, Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pptx);
}

The result out.pptx file is unreadable by MS PowerPoint 2013.
If the chart is replaced by a text box for example, the resulting out.pptx is readable and contains cloned slides with the same text box on each slide.

Can you please advise - why is this not working with a chart? Can you please post a workaround if available? I would like to clone the chart along with the slide and not have it created programmatically from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kirl,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed the requirements shared by you and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.2.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share your feedback along with generated presentation. I will be glad to help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Upgrading to v14.2.0 is currently not an option, because of the issue describer in this forum thread.

Regards

Hi Kirl,

I like to share that we no longer support Aspose.Slides for .NET 8.4.0 as latest version available to date is Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.2.0. During early next week, we are releasing Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.3.0. Therefore, I have generated the presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.2.0 and request you to please try opening that in PowerPoint 2013 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the PowerPoint complete version with us as well so that we may add ticket in our issue tracking system for resolution. If there is no issue while using Aspose.Slides for .NET 14.2.0 then unfortunately, I may not help you with this forum thread as it is a separate issue and we will share the feedback with you concerning to that as soon as that will be fixed.

Many Thanks,