CMYK color space VS PDF/A-1b

I got the requirement to have any pictures in my PDF in a CMYK color space.

When saving a pdf with PDF/A-1b and CMYK color setting, the document doesn’t seem to be valid PDF/A-1b: Checking with Apache PdfBox I get the following error: “Invalid Color space, DestOutputProfile isn’t CMYK ColorSpace”

PdfSaveOptions example:

PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
pdfSaveOptions.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B);
pdfSaveOptions.setImageColorSpaceExportMode(PdfImageColorSpaceExportMode.SIMPLE_CMYK);

Please advice how we can generate a PDF/A-1b compatible PDF with CMYK?

Hi Ranchler,

Thanks for your inquiry.

We have just released a new version of Aspose.Words (16.2.0) and we would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version from the following link. Hope, this helps:

If the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document and Aspose.Words generated output PDF file showing the undesired behavior here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Yes, the problem persist. Please find attached: Example docx, resulting pdf and the report generated by adobe acrobat reader.

The code to reproduce it:

public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {

final Document nodes = new Document(“cmyk.docx”);
    final PdfSaveOptions pdfSaveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
    pdfSaveOptions.setCompliance(PdfCompliance.PDF_A_1_B);
    pdfSaveOptions.setImageColorSpaceExportMode(PdfImageColorSpaceExportMode.SIMPLE_CMYK);
    nodes.save("cmykxxx.pdf", pdfSaveOptions);
}

I know this may be a limitation of aspose - but how to fix it?

Hi Ranchler,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13300. Our product team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Are there any news for this issue?

Hi Ranchler,

Unfortunately, because of complexity, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed for now (no ETA is available). We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13300) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.6 update also available on NuGet.