CODE() function with russian letter

We are testing your product - Aspose.Cells, and we faced a problem with the function CODE(), working with Cyrillic letters, for the letter “а” (it has a code 224 in win-1251), Calculating this function in Aspose.Cells results in 1072. Is it a bug? Do you have any cure for it?

Hi,

Thanks for providing us some details.

There might be an issue with Aspose.Cells formula calculation engine regarding CODE function. Could you provide us a template Excel file containing your desired formula for the data, we will check it soon. If we find an issue, we will log it into our database, so it could be fixed soon.

Thank you.

File after Aspose.Cells calculation.

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found an issue with CODE() function for Russian letters. I have used the following sample code with your template file:

e.g
Sample code:

Workbook book = new Workbook(“excel_rascet.xls”); 
//book.getSettings().setLocale(new Locale(“ru_RU”)); 
book.calculateFormula(); 
System.out.println(book.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells().get(“B1”).getValue()); 
System.out.println(book.getWorksheets().get(0).getCells().get(“C1”).getValue());

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41543” for your issue. Our product team will investigate and look into it if this is an issue or not. If this is an issue, we will figure it out soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Спасибо.

Команда ЛОИС

Hi,

Добро пожаловать,

Удачного дня!

Hi,

We have fixed your issue now. We have enhanced the formula calculation engine to give your expected value when the workbook’s region is Russia. We will provide a fix soon.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the fix: Aspose.Cells for Java (Latest Version) and let us know your feedback.

Thanks, it works great!)

LOIS team.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is
good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. Let us
know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it
and help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41543) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.