Collapse or expand grouped rows in Aspose.Cells.GridWeb .NET

Is there any way to collapse rows in the GridWeb?

Do you have any HideGroupDetail method for WebWorkSheet.Cells?

Currently, only a user click can collapse a group and even then, postback expands again.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Well, I am afraid, to collapse grouped rows feature is not available, the GridWeb would should the grouped rows expanded by default and you need to click on the Grouping icon/button to collapse it visually.

Anyways, I have added your feature request into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-14474. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Would be acceptable if we could have the rows open collapsed. If you have a number of groups, the worksheet opens with too much detail. It's a bit like Windows Explorer opening with every folder visible.

Hi,

Thanks for your further thoughts.

We need to analyze it if we can provide the related API for the users, so using the API the user might show the collapsed grouped rows in the control’s sheet. Since we have already added this to our issue tracking system, so we will do it soon.

Thank you.

Is it possible to collapse a group in a webworksheet when the webworksheet is loading up or is there any method which will collapse when grouping rows.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue in our latest fix release Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.5.2.2001.

It is now available that setting rows-group’s state in this latest fix. Please try the following script, the first parameter of setGroupedRowsState() is zero-based index of rows-groups.

function expand()

{

var grid = document.getElementById(“GridWeb1”);

grid.setGroupedRowsState(0, “expanded”);

}

function collapse()

{

var grid = document.getElementById(“GridWeb1”);

grid.setGroupedRowsState(0, “collapsed”);

}

Please update the Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll file first, and then remove all files in /acw_client/ virtual directory, update it with /acw_client directory in the zip file.

Looking forward to your test results.

Thanks for the fix but i was looking for a Server side event to expand and collapse when the worksheet is loaded.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and requirement.

I have logged this CELLSNET-26410 as we will update you once this issue is resolved.

Hi,

We have implemented 3 methods: GroupRows(), ExpandGroupedRows() and CollapseGroupedRows() to support the feature in Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v2.5.2.2002.

Please try the following code:

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0].GroupRows(5, 5, true);

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0].GroupRows(4, 7, true);

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0].GroupRows(2, 9, false);

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0].ExpandGroupedRows(4);

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets[0].CollapseGroupedRows(5);

The last parameter of GroupRows() means if hides the grouped rows.

The parameter of ExpandGroupedRows() and CollapseGroupedRows() indicates the first row index of the grouped rows.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 26410) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.